CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Canisters



So I went all over creation to try and find an inexpensive canister set. I am really only looking for three for Flour, Sugar, and Coffee. I found the cutest pair at the Consignment Home Decor shop down the street from my parents, but unfortunately the largest one just wasn't large enough for flour.

The internet is a wonderful thing, fortunately because I found this post on how to create your own custom canisters. Check it out!

http://www.thehipstersguide.com/2009/04/15/make-your-own-fabulous-custom-canisters/

I will have to venture out to my local Target as soon as I can so that I can make these fantastic homemade jewel. I wanted strawberries because I am thinking of having a strawberry theme in my kitchen. Or at least it is going to be red. So I picked up some fabric at Joann's Fabric Store to make my own dish towels. Of COURSE they didn't have a strawberry themed fabric that wasn't pink, so I decided to go with red. The lady that was cutting the fabric asked me if I was making a Minnie Mouse dress. I realized that yes it indeed looked like I was creating her dress, but they will be dish towels with a white ruffle. Should be very cute. Here is my fabric:

Photobucket

I also have the same fabric with the same sized dots but it's white. That will be used for the ruffle part. Then at the bottom, will be a swatch of red polka dot ribbon to just to bring it back around. I think it will turn out great. Once I have them completed I will post photos.

I want to make curtains for Brenna's room similar to these:

Photobucket

They should be fairly simple and way too cute. I still have to get the bedding for her room once I get the twin bed from my mother.
I still have a ton of stuff to get for the townhouse, but we're almost there and only down to a couple of weeks.
I think I shall be much happier.

0 comments: