CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Tim Burton

While I love almost everything Tim Burton has done, I have to say that this movie really struck me. I saw it in the theater, but I just got the soundtrack for it and it reminded me of it again. The one where it's Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter doing all the songs. It is phenomenal and it has me thinking about the costumes that he used for the movie. So I did some searching and found these:



Photobucket

Seriously - is it odd of me to want to be able to dress like this on a daily basis?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think this one is just fantastic - and so Tim Burton-esque. I want to find a pattern to sew something like that for myself. Not that I go on the beach ever.

Photobucket


I love this:

Tim Burton first saw Stephen Sondheim's 1979 stage musical, Sweeney Todd, the Demon Barber of Fleet Street, as a CalArts student in London in 1980. Although not a fan of the musical genre, Burton was struck by how cinematic the musical was, and repeatedly attended subsequent performances. He described it as a silent film with music, and was "dazzled both by the music and its sense of the macabre.

All for now lovies.

0 comments: